The Call for Papers for the First SISC Annual Conference of the Italian Society for Climate Sciences closed on May, 20th. Read below the text of the Call.
The Italian Society for Climate Sciences is pleased to open the first Call for Papers for its Annual Conference, entitled Climate change and its implications on ecosystem services and society, to be held on 23 and 24 September 2013 at Castello Carlo V, in Lecce.
One of the main goals of the conference, in line with the Association’s Mission, will be to address the issue of climate change from different points of view in order to create synergies between the disciplines that study it and to promote convergence.
We invite conference participants, SISC members and non-members to propose the presentation of their work in the various disciplines, which use climate information for their research. We accept submissions of short papers in the research areas listed below.
Selected papers will be presented at the Conference in either an oral presentation or a poster. The presentations are to be carried out in English.
We welcome submissions by Italian scientists living abroad.
The thematic sessions will be held after the paper has been submitted.
Advances in Climate Science
- Theories, observations, and models of the dynamics of atmospheric and oceanic fluids: climate change, rapid environmental changes, forecasts and projections, mesoscale processes and extreme events.
Implications on ecosystem services
- Analysis, projections, models and evaluation of climate change impact and extremes on natural ecosystems and agriculture.
- Changes in land-use and land-cover, also due to extreme hydrological and hydrogeological events.
- Adaptation and mitigation strategies for hydrological and hydrogeological risks.
- Adaptation and mitigation strategies for the management of water resources.
Climate policy and economic assessments
- Translate the interactions between climate and the processes concerning ecosystems into economic values.
- Plan and evaluate strategies for adaptation and mitigation policies.
- Assess the impacts of climate extremes and climate change on public health.
- Climate change and urbanization: implications, feedback and evaluation of strategies and of public choices.
- Implications of climate change on cultural heritage preservation, analysis and assessment of the vulnerability of cultural heritage related to climate change and potential strategies for adaptation and mitigation.
HOW TO PRESENT YOUR WORK
A short paper (a maximum 3,000 words) should be submitted online in its final version, in English, no later than May 20, 2013. Authors are requested to follow the instructions and the format downloadable at the following links (download template/download instructions), and to choose the type of presentation (oral presentation or poster).
A notification of acceptance of your work will be communicated to you by June 28, 2013. All work will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee.
You can find a list of the Scientific Committee’s members at this web page.
UNDER 40 AWARDS
The Italian Society for Climate Sciences aims to encourage and promote the involvement of young researchers to contribute to the advancement of scientific research. To this end, during the Annual SISC Conference, authors under 40 will be awarded for a poster and a paper that, among all the works presented, will be deemed particularly worthy in the opinion of the Scientific Committee.
May 20, 2013: Deadline for submission of short papers
by June 28, 2013: Notification of acceptance
July 20, 2013: Deadline for online registration for authors of accepted papers/posters
July 30, 2013: Notification of the program.
For more information, please contact the Conference Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.