“ClimRisk19 | Climate Risk: implications for ecosystem services and society, challenges, solutions” is the title of the SISC Seventh Annual Conference, taking place on October 23rd-25th, 2019 in Trento, Italy, at Regione Autonoma di Trento premises.
The Conference aims at connecting leading scientists, researchers, economists, practitioners, business leaders, and policy makers, whose activities are focused on different aspects of climate change, its impacts and related policies.
The Conference is an important interdisciplinary platform for the presentation of new advances and research results in the fields of science and management of climate change.
Topics of interest include:
1. Climate trends: changes in means and extreme events in observations, simulations and projections.
2. Predicting the evolution of the Earth system.
3. Weather and climate extremes in the Alpine region, in a changing climate.
4. Glaciers, ice sheets, sea–ice: climate of the past and future tipping points.
5. Climate related impacts on natural and human systems.
6. Risks and adaptation options in a warmer world.
7. Urban areas: assessing, predicting and managing the current and future risk.
8. Climate services and their potential to support adaptation and risk management.
9. Climate policies and transition pathways in the context of sustainable development.
10. Mitigation strategies for ambitious climate targets.