CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
“ClimRisk19 – Climate Risk: implications for ecosystem services and society, challenges, solutions” is the title of the SISC Seventh Annual Conference, taking place on October 23rd-25th, 2019 in Trento, Italy, at Autonomous Province of Trento premises.
The Conference aims at connecting leading scientists, researchers, economists, practitioners, business leaders, and policy makers, whose activities are focused on different aspects of climate change, its impacts and related policies.
The Conference is an important interdisciplinary platform for the presentation of new advances and research results in the fields of science and management of climate change.
The Call for abstracts is now open!
We invite you to submit the abstract of papers on the following topics by, July 15th,2019.
Topics of interest for submission include:
1. Climate trends: changes in means and extreme events in observations, simulations and projections.
2. Predicting the evolution of the Earth system.
3. Weather and climate extremes in the Alpine region, in a changing climate.
4. Glaciers, ice sheets, sea–ice: climate of the past and future tipping points.
5. Climate related impacts on natural and human systems.
6. Risks and adaptation options in a warmer world.
7. Urban areas: assessing, predicting and managing the current and future risk.
8. Climate services and their potential to support adaptation and risk management.
9. Climate policies and transition pathways in the context of sustainable development.
10. Mitigation strategies for ambitious climate targets.
The abstract (maximum 8,000 characters including spaces) should be submitted online in English, no later than July 15th, 2019. Abstracts not responding to this criteria will not be considered. Authors are requested to choose the type of presentation (oral presentation or poster) catering for their preference.
Best Poster Award
The best poster presented at the Conference will be recognised with the Best Poster Award.
The Conference Scientific Committee is in charge of the selection.
Book of Abstracts
A Book of Abstracts identified by an ISBN code will be published in the SISC website after the Conference.
SISC supports young scientists providing a limited number of travel grants. Grants winners are exempt from the payment of the Conference registration fee.
Abstracts submitted to both oral and poster sessions are eligible for participation grants. Priority will be given to PhD students and post-docs who have received the PhD title within the last 4 years. Grant application has to be requested during the abstract submission. Applicants will be requested to submit a CV. Deadline for applications: July 15th, 2019. Notifications of grants acceptance will be sent by September 2nd, 2019.
15 Jul 2019: deadline for submission of abstracts and applications for participation grants
2 Sep 2019: notification of acceptance.
2 Sep 2019: notification of participation grants
13 Sep 2019: deadline for online registration for presenters
23 Sep 2019: Preliminary programme
23-25 Oct 2019: Seventh SISC Annual Conference