La Call for Papers per la Seconda Conferenza Annuale SISC si è chiusa il 30 maggio.
Tutti i dettagli della Call for Papers sono disponibili in lingua inglese, lingua di lavoro della Conferenza.
The Italian Society for Climate Sciences (SISC) is pleased to open the Call for Papers for its Second Annual Conference on “Climate Change: Scenarios, Impacts and Policy”. The Conference will be held on September 29-30, 2014 at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice.
The Conference aims to involve scientists, researchers and policy makers, whose activities are focused on different aspects of climate change, its impacts and related policies.
The main objectives of the Conference are to:
Develop a platform for sharing and discussing between the different disciplines that study climate dynamics and their interactions with the environment and society;
Promote a constructive and transdisciplinary dialogue between scientists, policy makers, service providers and the general public;
Foster scientific dialogue on mitigation policies and sustainable growth;
Deepen the understanding of climate change impacts and the best adaptation strategies.
Advances in Climate Science
- Theories, observations, and models of the dynamics of atmospheric and oceanic fluids: climate change, rapid environmental changes, forecasts and projections, mesoscale processes and extreme events
- Strategies, platforms and frameworks regarding the management, analysis and mining of large volumes of climate data
- HPC core technologies, parallel programming paradigms, algorithms and new numerical approaches for high performance climate models
Impacts on ecosystem services and on cultural heritage
- Analysis, projections, models and evaluation of climate change impact and extremes on natural ecosystems and agriculture.
- Strategies and instruments for the management of water resources.
- Implications of climate change on cultural heritage preservation, analysis and assessment of the vulnerability of cultural heritage related to climate change and potential management strategies.
- Plan and evaluate strategies and policies for mitigation.
- Climate change and urban policies: implications, feedback and evaluation of strategies and public choices.
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of mitigation technology options.
- Impacts of land-use and land cover changes on hydrological risks
- Climate adaptation and risk mitigation strategies to reduce hydrological risks
- Implications of climate change on agricultural production and food security.
- Assess the impacts of climate extremes and climate change on public health.
- Planning and assessment of strategies and policies to adapt to the impacts generated by climate change.
- Analysis and assessment of risk and vulnerability to climate change.
- Measures for assessment of the costs of adaptation.
- Instruments and policies aimed at addressing future impacts of climate change and increasing adaptive capacity.
HOW TO PRESENT YOUR WORK
A short paper (maximum 3,000 words) should be submitted online in its final version, in English, no later than May 30, 2014. Authors are requested to follow the instructions and the format downloadable from the “Guidelines and template” webpage, and to choose the type of presentation (oral presentation or poster). Your work must be presented in the requested format otherwise it will not be taken into account.
A notification of the acceptance of your work will be communicated to you by June 30, 2014. All work will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee.
**given the high number of applications, the evaluation process might be slightly delayed. The outcome will be announced via email to interested researchers.
You can find a list of the Scientific Committee’s members at this webpage.
UNDER 40 AWARDS
SISC aims to encourage and promote the involvement of young researchers to contribute to the advancement of scientific research. To this end, during the Annual SISC Conference, authors under 40 will be awarded for a paper that, among all the works presented, will be deemed particularly worthy in the opinion of the Scientific Committee.
May 30, 2014: deadline for submission of short papers.
June 30, 2014: notification of acceptance **given the high number of applications, the evaluation process might be slightly delayed. The outcome will be announced via email to interested researchers.
July 30, 2014: deadline for online registration.
For more information contact the Scientific Secretary at email@example.com.