“ClimRisk2020: Time for Action! Raising the ambition of climate action in the age of global emergencies” is the title of the SISC 8th Annual Conference, taking place on October 21st-23rd, 2020.
Due to the COVID-19 virus, all sessions of ClimRisk2020 will be held exclusively online!
The Conference aims at connecting leading scientists, researchers, economists, practitioners, business leaders, and policy makers, whose activities are focused on different aspects of climate change, its impacts and related policies.
The Conference is an important interdisciplinary platform for the presentation of new advances and research results in the fields of science and management of climate change.
Topics of interest include:
1. Climate trends: changes in means and extreme events in observations, simulations and projections.
2. Predicting the evolution of the Earth system.
3. Glaciers, ice sheets, sea–ice: climate of the past and future tipping points.
4. Climate related impacts on natural and human systems.
5. Risks and adaptation options in a warmer world.
6. Urban areas: assessing, predicting and managing the current and future risk.
7. Climate services and their potential to support adaptation and risk management.
8. Climate policies and transition pathways in the context of sustainable development.
9. Climate action: societal transformations and behaviours.
10. Mitigation technologies for ambitious climate targets.
The call for abstract is now open!