“ClimRisk2020: Time for Action! Raising the ambition of climate action in the age of global emergencies” is the title of the SISC 8th Annual Conference, taking place on October 21st-23th, 2020.
Due to the COVID-19 virus, all sessions of “ClimRisk2020: Time for Action!” will be held exclusively online!
The Conference aims at connecting leading scientists, researchers, economists, practitioners, business leaders, and policy makers, whose activities are focused on different aspects of climate change, its impacts and related policies.
The Conference is an important interdisciplinary platform for the presentation of new advances and research results in the fields of science and management of climate change.
The Call for abstracts is now open!
We invite you to submit the abstract of papers on the following topics by,
July 17th, 2020 July 24th, 2020.
Topics of interest for submission include:
1. Climate trends: changes in means and extreme events in observations, simulations and projections.
2. Predicting the evolution of the Earth system.
3. Glaciers, ice sheets, sea–ice: climate of the past and future tipping points.
4. Climate related impacts on natural and human systems.
5. Risks and adaptation options in a warmer world.
6. Urban areas: assessing, predicting and managing the current and future risk.
7. Climate services and their potential to support adaptation and risk management.
8. Climate policies and transition pathways in the context of sustainable development.
9. Climate action: societal transformations and behaviours
10. Mitigation technologies for ambitious climate targets.
The abstract (maximum 8,000 characters including spaces) should be submitted online in English, no later than July 24th, 2020. Abstracts not responding to this criteria will not be considered. Authors are requested to choose the type of presentation (oral presentation or poster) catering for their preference.
Best Poster Award
The best poster presented at the Conference will be recognised with the Best Poster Award.
The Conference Scientific Committee is in charge of the selection.
Book of Abstracts
A Book of Abstracts identified by an ISBN code will be published in the SISC website after the Conference.
24 Jul 2020: deadline for submission of abstracts
7 Sep 2020: notification of acceptance
16 Sep 2020: deadline for online registration for presenters
23 Sep 2020: Preliminary programme
21-23 Oct 2020: 8th SISC Annual Conference