2021 Annual Conference
“Accelerating Climate Action: A just transition in a post-Covid era” is the title of the SISC 9th Annual Conference, taking place on September 22nd-24th, 2021.
Due to the COVID-19 virus, all sessions of Accelerating Climate Action Conference will be held exclusively online!
The Conference aims at connecting leading scientists, researchers, economists, practitioners, business leaders, and policy makers, whose activities are focused on different aspects of climate change, its impacts and related policies.
The Conference is an important interdisciplinary platform for the presentation of new advances and research results in the fields of science and management of climate change.
Topics of interest include:
1. One health and climate change: multidisciplinary approaches and solutions
2. Climate trends: changes in means and extreme events in observations, simulations and projections.
3. Predicting the evolution of the Earth system.
4. Glaciers, ice sheets, sea–ice: climate of the past and future tipping points.
5. Climate related impacts on natural and human systems.
6. Risks and adaptation options in a warmer world.
7. Urban areas: assessing, predicting and managing the current and future risk.
8. Climate services and their potential to support adaptation and risk management.
9. Climate policies and transition pathways in the context of sustainable development.
10. Climate action: Equity and distributional implications
11. Mitigation technologies for ambitious climate targets.
12. Big data, technology innovations, artificial intelligence and climate challenges
The calls for abstracts for special sessions are open!