The official language of the Conference is English. This page is available only in English.
2022 Annual Conference: Call for abstracts
The Conference aims at connecting leading scientists, researchers, economists, practitioners, business leaders, and policy makers, whose activities are focused on different aspects of climate change, its impacts and related policies.
The Conference is an important interdisciplinary platform for the presentation of new advances and research results in the fields of science and management of climate change.
The Call for abstracts is now open!
We invite you to submit the abstract of papers on the following topics by,
September 3rd, 2022
Topics of interest for submission include:
1. Integrated approaches to climate change impacts, climate risks and adaptation options
2. Sectoral approaches to climate change impacts, climate risks and adaptation options
3. Mitigation pathways and technologies in the contest of sustainable development
4. Assessing, predicting and managing climate impacts and future climate risk in urban areas
5. Global commons and climate policy: governance and implementation
6. Predicting climate change in the context of risk and adaptation options
7. Climate trends: changes in means and extreme events in observations, simulations and projections
8. Climate services and their potential to support adaptation and risk management
9. Climate justice and climate rights: climate change as a social, ethical and legal issue
The abstract must be between 4,000 and 8,000 characters long (including spaces) should be submitted online in English, no later than September 3rd, 2022.
A maximum of three figures and bibliographical references may be included, which will not count towards the character count.
Use the template available here.
Abstracts not responding to this criteria will not be considered. Authors are requested to choose the type of presentation (oral presentation or poster) catering for their preference.
Best Poster Award
The best poster presented at the Conference will be recognised with the Best Poster Award.
The Conference Scientific Committee is in charge of the selection.
Book of Abstracts
A Book of Abstracts identified by an ISBN code will be published in the SISC website after the Conference.
SISC supports young scientists providing a limited number of travel grants. Grants winners are exempt from the payment of the Conference registration fee.
Abstracts submitted to both oral and poster sessions are eligible for participation grants. Priority will be given to PhD students and post-docs who have received the PhD title within the last 4 years. Grant application has to be requested during the abstract submission. Applicants will be requested to submit a CV. Deadline for applications: September 3rd, 2022. Notifications of grants acceptance will be sent by September 16th, 2022.